Monday, November 9, 2009

Me Myself and I

How is a raven like a writing desk? And what about jumbo shrimp? If it is a shrimp, how is it jumbo? Welcome to the workings of my mind. Some call it insanity. I just call it fun. My name is Amanda. It’s kinda boring, but let’s just thank our lucky stars it isn't something like...oh I dunno... HOLLIN ELIZABETH HOLLINGSWORTH ELENOR NIES! I am eight-hundred and forty-eight hours into my sixteenth year of life. Ill let you do the math. Unfortunately my parentals did not stop after me, though life would be much easier and more entertaining if they would have. No, they had to continue on and have three other children. As if they weren’t in over their heads already with me. They call them Jacob, Allison and Nicholas. I prefer It, This and Hubert. Patrick and Melissa are not very creative namers. As for myself, I enjoy creatively naming inanimate objects. I also enjoy water polo, a highly entertaining sport for those of us with aggressive personalities. It is also a sport that HOLLIN NIES refuses to join because “it’s during cross country season”. Who likes cross country anyways? I personally do not enjoy running without a purpose. Actually, I do not enjoy running at all, partially because I am asthmatic and partially because I just don’t like it. I prefer sports where I cannot trip and fall on my face. I do that a lot, the whole tripping thing. I think it’s because I’m pigeon toed. I enjoy reading, mostly because the characters are normally more screwed up than I am. It makes me feel special. I have lots of friends. Although, they enjoy tormenting me by reminding me of an unfortunate Halloween costume that wasn’t even that bad to begin with. Have you ever noticed that sparkly and shiny things are highly distracting? I have. They have caused many problems. We have a love hate relationship. I love them, my attention span hates them. I plan on attending Bucknell University for Biology, Biochemistry, or Neurosciences. Then I would like to attend The Ohio State University Medical School. So, yes, I will be in school for a very long time. Have I mentioned that “Titanic” is my favorite movie? Or that I have a pathological fear of nuns? I think its called cloisterphobia. I used to think it was sphenisciphobia but I have recently learned that that is the fear of penguins. I do not fear penguins. I actually enjoy them. There are penguins in the movie “Happy Feet” although I prefer “Finding Nemo” “Finding Nemo” does not have penguins. It is unfortunate. Has this blog confirmed the above statement about my insanity? If not I suggest you read it again. If it still doesn’t, you are probably just, if not more insane than I am. In conclusion I will leave you with this thought… Dearly beloved… We gather here today to honor a once critical communication conduit that has passed away… What happened to letter writing!? Does no one feel the joy of receiving or sending a lengthy letter anymore!? I suppose not. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment