On a local level, Fairview is pretty boring. I'm not saying its not nice, its a great place to grow corn, but its pretty boring. There is a library, a school, a park, and some restaurants and such but that's pretty much it. The library is good for your mental health and so is the school. Snap Fitness is good for your physical health and the park could be too. We have a church that could help with spiritual health, if your a religious person. If your not, then you probably get your morals and values from some other source.
On a state level, Pennsylvania has the Turnpike which offers some social value because it allows people to visit friends and family living in other parts of the state. Although if you do not have family or friends living in other parts of the state, this resource is useless to you. Pennsylvania also has Nature Reserves that could be seen as environmental heath. These Nature Reserves help to provide us with clean air and recreation. The state provides emotional support for alcoholics and drug addicts through programs like AA. They also have health facilities to aid in physical health.
On the national level we have National Parks that aid in environmental and physical health. We have the Internet that can be used for mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health. The US provides public schooling to aid in mental and physical health. They also provide a highway system to allow us to be social with people in other places around the country. So basically there are a lot of resources around the country that we can use to better ourselves. Could it get much better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally agreee on your topics. I really like the thought of highway systems as a social value. I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. It also helps considering we sit side by side in corbins class. Oh well. I guess i could say your a somewhat, almost, maybe, kinda, okay inspirational outlet for my writing.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on all that you have said. As Hollin said above, i too forgot about the highway systems. I think that that is a great thought. Well done(:
ReplyDelete