Monday, December 14, 2009

Its a bird, its a plane, its a SUPER FARM!

Industrialized farming has changed the face of food. Its a tad bit ridiculous. I mean really, is it entirely necessary to lather our food in chemical just to get rid of a few bugs? I think not. Take baby carrots for example. That white film that you see on them is bleach. BLEACH! Ewww! Personally I would rather buy a regular old carrot, wash it and peel it myself. And what about cattle farms? They feed hormones to these poor cows to make them fat and grow faster, kill them, and then we eat it. Aren't people hormonal enough? I think so. And what happens to the hormones discharged in human waste? They end up in our water supply! Industrialized farming may be profitable but it is also a little bit disgusting. There is no way to reverse the chemical damage that's already been done but cant we stop using them before its too late!?

No comments:

Post a Comment